Note: Transferring domains can be a bit like the old west, not everything goes to plan and sometimes the domain registration is transferred to jumba/uber and other times not. Worst case get on the Live Chat to Jumba/Uber and sort it out.
P.S I don’t recommend Uber anymore, I prefer managing my own domain and email on my own server (and I moved my WordPress). Managing my own domain is cheaper and faster than a Uber domain.
1.Before you begin you will need your domain’s “EPP code” (site transfer password) from your existing host or ISP and you will need a full backup of your website (unless your are starting from scratch).
2. Goto http://www.jumba.com.au and select Transfer then enter your domain and click Check.
3. Enter your domain “EPP Code” (Authorization Key) and click Transfer Domain.
4. Click Continue.
5. Click “cPanel Hosting“.
6. Choose Subscription Period and Plan and click Continue.
7. Complete the Contact and Payment details and submit.
8. After a few hours you will receive a confirmation email from Jumba/Uber along with login details to https://my.uber.com.au/. I would recommend you login to the my.uber portal and click Pay Invoice under billing as sometimes the 1st payment is not automatic and your new domain wont be transferred until this is paid.
9. You will receive a domain transfer confirmation email from openconnect.com.au, you will need to click the link to initiate the domain transfer.
10. You may receive a warning from your existing domain register. In my case below I had to ignore this email.
It may take 5 days for your old hosts to allow the domain to be transferred away.
11. At this stage you may notice your old website is still up at the old hosts. You may think that transferring the domain will transfer the domain after 5 days (wrong). You will need to get in touch with UBER after 5 days (live chat is easiest) and ask for the “ENOM DNS record to be updated from your old host to UBER”. Once Uber say they have done this the new domain DNS records will replicate around the internet in 4-48 hours. (If you are keen you can login to your old domain register and update the name servers for the old host and insert the new hosts DNS servers before you transfer).
- ns1.jumba.net.au 18.104.22.168
- ns2.jumba.net.au 22.214.171.124
You can use this site ( https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/fearby.com ) to see if your website location is updated around the world.
How to update DNS records:
Crazy Domains: How to Update a Name Servers IP Address
- Name Cheap: How can I change the name servers for my domain?
12. Once your domain is transferred you have the fun of setting up an FTP account, email and new website.
13. You can access your domains cPanel via www.yourcdomain.com/cpanel (you will have a link to your cpanel from your my.uber.com.au portal).
14. Once your new domain is setup you can cancel any payments for the old domain/hosting.
Back to Fearby.com.
Donate and make this blog better
Ask a question or recommend an article
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]